The Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge
is a free online reading program for children.
Join today and let’s set a new reading world record for summer 2015! (May 4 - Sept 4, 2015)
the schools with the most minutes read will win a visit from
Michael Northrop (top elementary school), and Varian Johnson (top middle school).
What is the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge?
- Now in its 9th year, the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge is a free online/mobile reading program dedicated to stopping the “Summer Slide” by encouraging kids to read throughout the summer months when school is out.
- Starting May 4, 2015, kids can log their reading minutes (online and on smartphones) as they Read for the World Record, enter sweepstakes to win fabulous prizes, and earn digital rewards when they complete weekly reading challenges. (Pre-Registration for educators begins on April 6, 2015.)
- This year’s theme is "Power Up and Read," sponsored by ENERGIZER®.
- 12 Scholastic authors will create our first-ever, collection of summer short stories that kids can “unlock” throughout the summer.
- In 2014, Scholastic inspired more than 275,000 kids from 4,600 schools in all 50 States and 29 countriesto set a new record for summer reading of 304,749,681 minutes!
So How Do You Participate?
Follow this link: Summer Reading Challenge
Follow on these social medias