Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Another Fabulous Meme Day! Teaser Tuesday....

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Should Be Reading and this is what she has to say about it:

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser comes from Pray For Silence by Linda Castillo - A murder mystery set in an Amish town.

Pray for Silence: A Thriller (Kate Burkholder)   "It's a surreal scene and for the span of several heartbeats, I can't get my mind around it. Shock is like a battering ram, assaulting my brain." pg 10

Very scary and gruesome so far!

A blurb about the book: In the quiet town of Painters Mill an Amish family is found slaughtered on their farm. Kate Burkholder and her small police force have few clues, no motive and no suspect. Formerly Amish herself, Kate is no stranger to secrets, but she can’t get her mind around the senseless brutality of the crime.








13 comments:

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

Fabulous teaser!! Here's my site: Coffee and a Book Chick

jlshall said...

I love scary and gruesome! (But not TOO gruesome.) Sounds like a great read. Excellent teaser!

Here's my teaser for Banned Books Week.

Jennifer said...

Great teaser. Scary can be good. I shall add this one to my list. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesday-the-accordionists-son.html

Jillian said...

Oh wow just that alone gave me chills

Missy B. said...

Sounds like a gripping read! Great teaser....

Thanks for stopping by today! :)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Natalie, that's a very impressive teaser. I'm convinced this would be a great read.

Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Suko said...

Perfect teaser! This one does sound unusual and riveting--an Amish murder mystery!

Aisle B said...

Whoaa.... now that's a great image and very provoking.. how horrifying was the scene???

Aisle B has romance so come over :)

http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/1202669736/teaser-tuesday

Unknown said...

Wow, quite a teaser! You got my interest piqueed!

~ Amy

Zia said...

Oh this one sounds good. Great teaser!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Natalie that sounds great!

Alice said...

Love the teaser, Natalie!

Anonymous said...

This is one I've been wanting to read.