Saturday, June 20, 2009

BLOGGIESTA IS HERE!

Bloggiesta




What to do during the Bloggiesta?



  • Write book, movie, TV, product reviews. Any reviews really.

  • Write backup posts for a rainy day.

  • Write that great post idea from three months back.

  • Work on series posts.

  • Write guest posts.

  • Put out invitations for guest posts.

  • Conduct and edit author interviews.

  • Create template posts for your future reads (ie: title, images, linking, tags, etc,) so you can open up, write review and post without being bogged down with technicalities

  • Clean up your tags, archives, books reviewed list, etc.

  • Improve your blog template, clean up sidebars, add a favicon, install those plugins that you’ve been meaning to do.

  • Add or edit your about me page, review policy, create landing pages (for example - an about me for Twitter readers page) or any other pages you might have.

  • Any bloggy type housekeeping that you’ve been neglecting.

  • Clean up and update your challenge lists. Link up your posts with hosts.

  • Make sure all of your social network profiles are up to date. Brand yourself through those profiles with color scheme, images, etc.

  • Go get a gravatar.

  • Visit the Blogging Tips group on the Book Blogs Ning and find ways to improve your blog.

  • Work on any specialized projects that you may have going.


Boy do i have alot of work to do! So what are my Bloggiesta goals?

  • Post some new reviews.

  • Review book to movie.

  • Rearrange items.

  • Fix any dead links.

  • Maybe find a new blog layout.
  • Finding a new blog host .


I guess i'll add on as i go. A great idea and incentive for people to stop putting things off and just get it done! Thanks to Mawbooks !!

3 comments:

Haiku Amy said...

Hi there. How's bloggiesta coming for you? I've had a lot of fun. I hope you did too. Keep up the good work.

Louise said...

I love the look of your blog, and I have already changed the address in my blogroll - why did you decide to switch to blogger, though? I have tried wordpress myself, though, and never really felt at home, so after moving everything there, I moved back to blogger - but that is almost a year ago :-)

IT Consultant said...

you have nice blog and i hope for you best future