Saturday, June 20, 2009

Book Review : Tender Graces by Katherine Magendie : Original post 6/16/2009

<a href=

Tender Graces


What can i say? This book was one of the best books I've read in a very long time. I didn't want it to end, i wanted to keep reading , to follow the rest of Virginia Kates life.
Virginia Kate, along with her older brother Micah, younger brother Andy live with their Daddy Frederick and Momma Katie in West Virginia.
Their Momma and Daddy met when Grandma Faith invited Daddy to their house for supper . They were married shortly after but the happiness didn't last forever, they soon were arguing and fighting which escalated day by day and Daddy ends up leaving to Texas to live his Mom while finishing school. Everything goes downhill from there. I wanted to hug Virginia Kate and tell her everything will be ok and i wanted to slap Katie for destroying their kids life. I also wanted to slap their dad too and throw every bottle of booze in the garbage.
A passage from Chapter 1 : All my tired flies out the window when i see Grandma Faith standing in the mountain mists that drift in and out of the trees. She's as she was before, like one lick of fire hasn't touched her, whole and alive and wanting as she beckons me. Grandma whispers her wants as she's done all my life. I put my hand out the car window as Momma used to do, and say "Wheeee..." then holler to the owl flying in the night. "I'm Virginia Kate, and i'm a crazy woman." He keeps his wings spread to find his supper. I don't feel silly one bit.........



natalie

Add to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to FurlAdd to Newsvine

A Beautiful Video:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOjMJ8AnCkM]

No comments: