Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesday Teaser ... This and That

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!    
My teaser comes from the book Petals From The Sky by Mingmei Yip.  If you enjoy reading about Chinese culture/history you will definitely love this one. So far I am soooo loving it. Its about a 30 yr old woman who wants to be a nun. Not a Catholic nun but a Buddhist nun. But she runs into an American doctor and starts to wonder about being married, having children.  


My teaser is from page 76 ~ "I couldn't be sure. I was only sure that as a woman, Yi Kong had a higher vision of her life than just to let a man in, get married, and have children."

I'm also very excited! I won 500 business cards from www.uprinting.com  Now, designing is not my thing but I don't think I did THAT bad? Uprinting did a little adjusting on it and I am very happy with how it turned out. 
So guess what? I will be doing a giveaway for their poster print!  I've never done a giveaway before and so I'm a little nervous!! Hopefully the giveaway will start this week, I'm just waiting for the details.
   











Best regards,













8 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Hurray for her! It's great to know that other possibilities exist!

Lovely cards! I'm impressed.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Cecelia said...

This one sounds intriguing. Life's purpose - I wonder what it is for all the characters involved. Great teaser!

If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

Lisa said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your win! And you did a GREAT job on the design!

I look forward to finding out more about the contest!

And this book sounds amazing...

Thanks for stopping by my TT too, Natalie! I KNOW you will LOVE Cowboy and Wills!

Lori said...

Congrats and great teaser. Here's Mine.

Missy B. said...

Love the business cards....congrats on the win! Intriguing teaser as well! Thanks for visiting me today.

Kaye said...

not sure if it is me or my computer but it is virtually impossible to read the dark print on the dark background.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really interesting book. Congrats on your win :)

Laya said...

Ooh, another Chinese author! Looks interesting. Congrats on the win, and thanks for dropping by! :)