Monday, May 31, 2010

Its Monday, What Are You Reading?

What Are You Reading, hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.


What I finished:
Finding Frances by Janice M. Van Dyck

Dirty Little Angels by Chris Tusa

Currently Reading:

The Cold Room (Taylor Jackson Novels) by J. T. Ellison - Library Thing ER book

From back of book: 

He can only truly lover her once her heart stops..... 
Homicide Detective Taylor Jackson thinks she's seen it all in Nashville—from the Southern Strangler to the Snow White Killer. But she's never seen anything as perverse as the Conductor. Once his victim is captured, he contains her in a glass coffin, slowly starving her to death. Only then does he give in to his attraction.
When he's finished, he creatively disposes of the body by reenacting scenes from famous paintings. And it seems similar macabre works are being displayed in Europe. Taylor teams up with her fiancé, FBI profiler Dr. John Baldwin, and a New Scotland Yard detective named James "Memphis" Highsmythe, a haunted man who only has eyes for Taylor, to put an end to the Conductor's art collection.
Has the killer gone international with his craft? Or are there dueling artists, competing to create the ultimate masterpiece?


West to the Sun by T. G. Good


Next Up:

The Leisure Seeker: A Novel by Michael Zadoorian
____________________________________________________________

Reviews in progress: 

The Lotus Eaters - I'll be doing a giveaway for this book too.

Finding Frances

Dirty Little Angels

Seasons of Water and Ice

Am I that far behind???!! Ugh. This is not good.







By: Mrs. Lyman Hancock

When I come to the end of my journey
And I travel my last weary mile,
Just forget if you can, that I ever frowned
And remember only the smile.

Forget unkind words I have spoken;
Remember some good I have done.
Forget that I ever had heartache
And remember I've had loads of fun.

Forget that I've stumbled and blundered
And sometimes fell by the way.
Remember I have fought some hard battles
And won, ere the close of the day.

Then forget to grieve for my going,
I would not have you sad for a day,
But in summer just gather some flowers
And remember the place where I lay,

And come in the shade of evening
When the sun paints the sky in the west
Stand for a few moments beside me
And remember only my best.

1 comment:

Alice said...

Hey Natalie, thank you for popping by my special guest post on Memorial Day. :)