Forget Me Not is a suspenseful mystery about mysterious woman, found in the woods, severely beaten, coming out of unconsciousness. She didn't want to go to the hospital, she didn't know why but she was scared, scared of someone so the only place Clyde new to take her for medical attention was Crossroads Crisis Center.
This woman doesn't remember who she is, what happened to her or why she was in the woods but she has this dreadful fear and she doesn't know why. As she is getting medical attention, the staff at Crossroads try to find out who she is but everything comes to a dead end. The only clue they have is a necklace, a cross, that she had in her pocket and on the back of it, it said Susan. She remembers someone calling her Susan so that must be her name and she also remembers that she is a woman of faith and God is the only one holding her together. As the clues start unfolding and danger at every turn, makes this book an awesome read!
About the book From Vicki Hinze website
THEIR ELUSIVE ENEMIES TOOK EVERYTHING. NOW THEY WANT MORE.
Crossroads Crisis Center owner Benjamin Brandt was a content man—in his faith, his work, and his family. Then in a flash, everything he loved was snatched away. His wife and son were murdered, and grief-stricken Ben lost faith. Determination to find their killers keeps him going, but after three years of dead ends and torment, his hope is dying too. Why had he survived? He’d failed to protect his family.
Now, a mysterious woman appears at Crossroads seeking answers and help—a victim who eerily resembles Ben’s deceased wife, Susan. A woman robbed of her identity, her life, of everything except her faith—and Susan’s necklace.
The connections between the two women mount, exceeding coincidence, and to keep the truth hidden, someone is willing to kill. Finding out who and why turns Ben and the mystery woman’s situation from dangerous to deadly. Their only hope for survival is to work together, trust each other, and face whatever they discover head on, no matter how painful. But will that be enough to save their lives and heal their tattered hearts?
About Vicki Hinze:
Vicki Hinze first published novel, a romantic suspense, was a bestseller that sold in nearly a dozen foreign countries. Since then, she's shifted writing focus several times. After co-creating the first single-title open-ended continuity series, she turned to military life and has been credited with a Career Achievement Award for being one of the first to write military romantic suspense, military romantic intrigue, and military romantic thrillers. Recently, she has shifted focus to Christian fiction. Her willingness to take risks and blaze trails has won her many prestigious nominations and awards, including:
RT Reviewer's Choice:
- •Best Romantic Suspense Novel of the Year (Lady Justice,
- •Shades of Gray, Duplicity )
- •Best Romantic Intrigue Novel of the Year (Lady Liberty)
- •Best Romantic Adventure Novel of the Year (Her Perfect Life)
- •Best Mainstream Suspense Novel of the Year (All Due Respect)
- •Best Time-Travel Novel of the Year (Festival)
- •Career Achievement Award for Best Series Storyteller of the
- Year (Lady Liberty)
- •Career Achievement Award for Best Romantic Adventure of the
- Year (Her Perfect Life)
- •RT Gold Medal Awards (Lady Liberty, Acts of Honor, All Due
- •Respect, Shades of Gray)
- •RT Top Pick Awards (Shades of Gray, Duplicity, Acts of Honor, All Due Respect, Lady Liberty, Lady Justice, Her Perfect Life)
- •RITA™ Award Finalist--Best Mainstream (HER PERFECT LIFE)
- RITA™ Award Finalist--Best Romantic Suspense (BODY DOUBLE)
- •Blether Gold Awards (LADY JUSTICE)
- •Blether Silver Awards (ACTS OF HONOR)
- •The Beacon Award (LADY LIBERTY, BODY DOUBLE)
- •The Golden Quill Award, Best Mainstream/Single Title Contemporary Novel of the Year (DUPLICITY)
- •The Maggie Award of Excellence (MIND READER, ACTS OF HONOR, BEYOND THE MISTY SHORE)
- •Holt Medallion Award (BODY DOUBLE, (HER PERFECT LIFE)
- •Daphne du Maurier Best Contemporary Novel of the Year (DUPLICITY, ACTS OF HONOR, ALL DUE RESPECT)
- •Daphne du Maurier Best Suspense/Mystery Novel of the Year (ACTS OF HONOR, LADY LIBERTY, ALL DUE RESPECT, DUPLICITY)
- •Outstanding Achievement Award, Affaire de Coeur
- •Best Science Fiction Novel of the Year, Affaire de Coeur (UPON A MYSTIC TIDE)
- •Laurel Leaf Award, (MAYBE THIS TIME))
A complete listing of awards is listed on each book's individual page. See Books.Vicki holds a Master of Arts in Creative Writing and a Doctorate in Philosophy, Theocentric Business & Ethics. She actively lectures on writing craft and technique and philosophy.
Her articles have appeared many respected publications and e-zines (Novelists, Inc., Romantic Times, Romance Writers' Report, The Outreacher, The Rock and others) and have been extensively reprinted in as many as sixty-three foreign markets. She has coordinated and/or judged national and international writing competitions, served on various writers' association committees, has been honored by Romance Writers of America with their National Service Award and in 2004 was named PRO Mentor of the Year.
Vicki is a charter sponsor of International Thriller Writers (ITW) and serves on its Board of Directors. She’s a member of The Authors Guild, American Christian Fiction Writers, Novelists Inc., Romance Writers of America, Mystery Writers of America, Published Authors Network, Emerald Coast Writers, ACRA, Deep South Christian Writers and other writing organizations. She’s also a member of As a Mom: Sisterhood of the Mommy Patriots.
For detailed information on her writing or Outreach Programs, please visit the other sections of this site. For scheduled lectures/signings, visit her website .
Checkout Vicki Hinze other books