Thursday, August 10, 2023

Currently Reading: The Nurse by Jenna Kernan






“Can you start right away?” I can hear the desperation in Dr Roth’s voice. He’s longing for someone to look after his poor, sick wife Sabrina in their perfect Florida home. The job pays an awful lot. And I really need the money. As long as they don’t ask too many questions…

I spend my days by 
Sabrina’s side. She has everything money could buy – a luxurious home, a handsome, doting husband who would do anything for her. I hate cleaning up her mess, picking her designer clothes off the floor, and driving her to the golf club. I hate how she sneers at me, no matter what I do. But I have to remember why I’m really here.

Dr Roth has made it clear I have to make sure she takes her medication. Because if she doesn’t, there’s hell to pay. Three times a day, I count her sedative pills carefully. Sabrina rambles about the death of a child. About a terrible accident. Dr Roth shakes his head sadly. Delusions are a heartbreaking symptom of his wife’s illness, he says.

But when Dr Roth leaves the house, Sabrina becomes more clear-headed. She tells me she’s done something terrible. And that her husband is lying. He keeps her trapped because of what she did. 
And I’m the only one who can help her escape.

Can I believe the words of a woman suffering from delusions? Or is Dr Roth not as trustworthy as he seems? Someone is lying. And if the Roths find out why I’m really here, this could take a deadly turn…

An unbelievably gripping psychological thriller with a mind-blowing twist that will have you flipping the pages deep into the night. Fans of The Doctor’s Wife, The Perfect Marriage and The Surgeon won’t be able to put this down!

PreOrder on Amazon : 




About Jenna: After writing thirty-five romances for traditional publishers, Jenna Kernan transitioned to thrillers and has since published four books with Bookouture. Her debut thriller, A Killer's Daughter, won the bronze medal in popular fiction from the Florida Book Awards in 2021 and her 2022 domestic thriller, The Ex-Wives, won the gold medal in the same category. Her thrillers are known for their intense, unsettling, and gripping plots with unexpected endings. Jenna's passion for writing began after reading a true survival story about a woman stranded alone in the Rockies during winter, which inspired her debut novel, Winter Woman, set for release as a special edition this fall, marking its 20th anniversary. Originally from the Catskill Mountains, Jenna now lives on Florida's west coast with her family.

No comments: