Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Teaser Tuesday!!

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Should Be Reading  and this is what she has to say about it:
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser comes from the book The Leisure Seeker: A Novel The Leisure Seeker: A Novel 

Page 102:


"John lets out a medium belch, then sighs. I scowl at him. The officer leaves with John's license and registration."


I'm really enjoying this book!


From the back of the book:


"In Michael Zadoorian's The Leisure Seeker the Robinas have shared a wonderful life for more than sixty years. Now in their eighties, Ella suffers from cancer and John has Alzheimer's. Yearning for one last adventure, the self-proclaimed "down-on-their-luck geezers" kidnap themselves from the adult children and doctors who seem to run their lives and steal away from their home in suburban Detroit on a forbidden vacation of rediscovery. With Ella as his vigilant copilot, John steers their '78 Leisure Seeker RV along the forgotten roads of Route 66 toward Disneyland in search of a past they're having a damned hard time remembering. Yet Ella is determined to prove that,  when it comes to life, you can go back for seconds-even when everyone says you can't. "


 Alzheimer's and driving an RV?? Its got to be funny!

8 comments:

Suko said...

This book does sound funny. Enjoy!

celi.a said...

Oh dear. I bet the belch didn't improve matters...great teaser! This book looks really interesting (and I don't often say that about books with older protagonists).

If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

Teenage Bride said...

I have a teaser for you, it comes from You Say Tomato, I Say Shutup: A love story


its pretty funny!

"He says, I dreamed that someday I'd meet my own Juliet. I'd marry her and I would love her with the same passion and intensity as Romea"

"She Says I was not the kind of girl of growing up, getting married, and settling down. I never played dress-up wedding..."

This is a really funny book about Annabelle Gurwitch and Jeff Khans marriage. They are total opposites but somehow remain happily (well mostly) married.

It's a good read

Alayne said...

Nice teaser. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

audreyscountrycrafts said...

This sounds good! Great Teaser! New author for me, but will check out the book.
HERE is my teaser for this week.

Kah Woei said...

Funny teaser! A known irritating habit of an old couple?

Mine's HERE.

Alice Teh said...

I like your teaser!

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds like a great book!

I have an award for you here, Natalie:


http://laurelrainsnow.wordpress.com/2010/06/18/the-versatile-blogger-award/